An Environmental Management System (EMS) is simply a framework to support better environmental management.
It offers a more cohesive approach to environmental monitoring to ensure goals and opportunities are achieved. It also minimises exposure to potential risks such as financial liability, legal obligations and stakeholder expectations. ECS can design, develop and manage an EMS that is tailored to your organisation’s specific needs, in conformance with the requirements of ISO: 14001 Environmental Management Systems standard.
ECS will help design and implement an EMS – a framework to help your organisation monitor and manage its environmental obligations and performance. While this framework can be tailored to suit your specific requirements, typically it would include the following components:
- An Environmental Aspects Register.
- Review of compliance obligations.
- Preparation/ review of documents such as environmental policy statements and sustainability reports.
- Review of environmental impact and mitigation strategies for significant aspects such as waste management, carbon emissions, energy consumption, etc.
- A simple tool for managing environmental impacts into the future.
- Advice on promoting environmental achievements through marketing campaigns and multimedia.